The Captain Planet Foundation is the sole owner of the information collected on the Website and Community Platform. We do not share your personal information with companies, organizations, or individuals outside of the organization without express permission of the User.
Your Acceptance of These Terms
By using this Website and Community Platform, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use our Website or Community Platform. Your continued use of the Website and Community Platform following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Website & Community Platform Management
The Website is maintained by the Company:
Captain Planet Foundation
133 Luckie Street NW
Atlanta, GA 30303
The Company also offers Users access to a community engagement application (Community Platform) to its Users which have been invited to create a user account on the Community Platform and as such have a user account. The Platform is available at the following url address https://planeteerhq.com/. The Company uses a solution called “Hivebrite”, which enables the import and export of user lists and data, the management of content and events, the organization of emailing campaigns and opportunity research and sharing as well as the management of funds and contributions of any kind.
You can visit the Website and view information about the Planeteer Alliance without creating an account, telling us who you are, or revealing any personal information.
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us when you are applying to join the Planeteer Alliance, creating an account, interacting on the Community Platform, completing a form, registering for an event, or submitting an inquiry on the Website or Community Platform.
The personal information that we collect depends on the context of your interactions with us and the Services. The personal information we collect can include the following:
Personal Information. We collect first and last name, date of birth, age, gender identity, preferred pronoun, physical address, email address, phone number, WhatsApp number, Instagram handle, school name, clothing size, image or likeness, and, if applicable, the name and email address of your parent/guardian.
Information Automatically Collected. We automatically collect certain information when you visit, use, or navigate the Website. This information does not reveal your specific identity (like your name or contact information) but may include device and usage information. As discussed again below, we collect this information through cookies and similar technologies.
Program-Related Information. As part of the User’s participation in the Planeteer Alliance program, the User will be asked to provide information about their relevant activities as it relates to the program. This information will be collected and used to guide support for their work.
How We Use Your Information
We use the information we collect or receive:
- To register you for events. We use the personal information you provide to us to register you for events hosted by the Planeteer Alliance.
- To send you materials related to Planeteer Alliance events and activities. We may use your personal information to send you information and updates pertaining to your registrations for events and/or activities hosted by the Planeteer Alliance.
- To support you once you are registered for a Planeteer Alliance event. We may use your personal information to facilitate, give feedback on, and provide resources for activities as a participant in Planeteer Alliance events.
- To make periodic public updates on our Website or Community Platform. We may use your personal information to make periodic public updates on our Website about your work as a Planeteer. These updates would be posted to the Website or Community Platform with your express permission, or parent/guardian’s express permission as provided in the Planeteer Alliance Participant Waiver, and will only include first name, city/country, and generalized information about the activities you have completed as an Planeteer.
- To send you marketing and promotional communications. By providing your contact information, the User is added to our mailing list, we may use the personal information you send us for marketing purposes, including newsletters, updates, volunteer opportunities, etc.
- If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email. You may also opt-out of receiving these emails by contacting us at email@example.com.
- To respond to user inquiries/offer support. We may use your personal information to respond to your inquiries and solve any potential issues you might have with the use of our Services.
- To improve our Website and Community Platform. We continually strive to improve our Website and Community Platform based on information and feedback we received from you.
- To comply with legal obligations. We may use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations.
We only share information with your consent, to comply with laws, to provide you with services, and to facilitate participation in Planeteer Alliance events. We will never share, sell, or otherwise transfer your information to a third party for commercial purposes. Non-personally identifiable visitor information may be provided to third parties for marketing, advertising, or other uses to help us advance the Planeteer Alliance.
The Company informs the User that Hivebrite, as well as its subcontractors, uses a tracking technology on its terminal such as cookies whenever the User navigates on the Community Platform. A cookie is a message that, subject to the User settings, is sent to its terminal when the User navigates on a website. The aim is to collect data regarding the internet navigation of the User to send tailor-made services to its terminal (computer, mobile phone or tablet).
Most Web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove cookies and to reject cookies, and/or you may wish to install Google Analytics’ Opt-Out add-on.
Information Storage and Safety
Accessing Your Information
Submitting personal information through any form on the Website does not automatically create a user account, meaning you cannot access information you have submitted directly to us through this Website.
When the User creates an account on the Community Platform, that data is saved to the HiveBrite system, some of which is accessible to the User for editing through your User Profile; some of which is only accessible by Community Platform Administrators.
If you would like at any time to review or update your information or remove your information from our database and/ or Community Platform, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Collecting Information from Minors
Because our Website and its Services are aimed primarily at youth aged 10 through 23 (informally capped 8-25), we strongly encourage parents/ guardians to oversee any and all use of the Internet, including this Website, by their child.
When we intend to collect and use personal information from minors, we take the following steps to protect children’s privacy, including:
- Notifying parents/ guardians about our information practices with regard to children, including the types of personal information we may collect from children, the uses to which we may put that information, and whether and with whom we share that information;
- Obtaining consent from parents/ guardians for the collection of personal information from their children, for the use of personal information from their children, and/ or for sending information about our Services directly to their children.
- Limiting our collection of personal information from children to no more than is reasonably necessary to participate in our Services; and
- Giving parents/ guardians the ability to request access to personal information we have collected from their children and the ability to request that the personal information be reviewed, updated, or deleted.
- Identifying minors publicly only by First Name, Last Initial and City/ Country so as not to reveal specific identifying information
We will update this policy as necessary to stay compliant with relevant laws.
If you have any questions or comments about this policy, you may contact us by email at email@example.com, by phone at (404) 522-4270, or by mail at 133 Luckie Street NW, 2nd Floor, Atlanta, Georgia 30303.